... is run by your community for your community, the villages north of Tring in Hertfordshire. The shop is managed and staffed by volunteers from the villages and the surrounding area, with all profit being ploughed back into the business. See the History page for more info on how the shop evolved into its current form.
Save Wilstone Shop!Former proprietors Liz & Ron Faulkner handed the shop over completely to the community group on 1st November 2012 athough Liz is on the new management committee and Ron still does plenty of hours as a volunteer. To find the money to reimburse Liz & Ron for their initial outlay on fixtures, fittings & stock, the 'Save Wilstone Shop' committee has been formed and has launched a number of fund-raising schemes:
- '100 Club' - £5 entry into a monthly cash prize draw; details HERE - 100 entries, over £6,300 raised
- hamper raffle - £1 per ticket strip - won by Debbie C - £55 raised
- sponsored fishing - a halfpenny per sponsor for every gudgeon caught - £130 raised
- village photo sales - £40 raised
- dance night - £40 raised
- shop 'change jar' - £50 raised
- jumble sale - £630 raised
- donations - £900
The above schemes were very successful in raising the money to pay Liz & Ron - we'd like to say a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who supported them. Our next project is to refurbish / refit the Shop and whilst our trading surplus will go some way to meeting the cost, we're relaunching the '100 Club' next month to raise extra money to enable us to do the job properly. Details of the Club and how to join are available HERE.